[ON THE MOVE]
- BRUNO MÉNARD was appointed 2019 Deputy Chief Editor, in charge of digital, Voiles & Voiliers.
- OMAN SAIL announced on Friday that Franck Cammas from 2019 onwards will coordinate their activities in France including a Diam 24 programme which will see three crews will be lined up on the Tour Voile, including one led by Cammas and one all female team, and two Figaro Beneteau 3s which the objective being to train Omani skippers.
- MULTIPLAST have vacancies for several positions: a project manager, a team leader, a painter and 5 composite materials technicians; positions are on permanent contracts (for the first) and in fixed-term contracts that can evolve into permanent contracts ; based in Vannes (France).
- GIANCARLO PEDOTE is looking for an experienced boat-captain for his Imoca project; based in Lorient (France) and to be filled as soon as possible.
- ROYAL THAMES YACHT CLUB is looking for its Sailing Office Events Coordinator; London-based post with travel to Cowes (via Scuttlebutt Europe).
- KND SAILING PERFORMANCE is looking for a full-stack web development intern to help them work on new online performance analysis tools. The internship is to be based in Valencia (Spain) in 2019, last a minimum of 6 months, and could lead to a job offer.
- TIM CARRIE (former Spindrift, Lending Club, No Way Back) is available for logistical projects with Imoca or Ultime team (French-English bilingual).
- TIP & SHAFT / WORKSHOP: the dates for training seminars delivered by Tip & Shaft (in French) around Paris boat show are finally set:
[ANNOUNCEMENTS & PARTNERSHIPS]
- INTO THE WIND, the Tip & Shaft podcast episode 2 is a chat (in French) with Yves Le Blévec. Into The Wind is on major podcast platforms: iTunes, SoundClound, Deezer, Spotify.
- FRANCIS JOYON has announced a solo and crew record program over the next two years called Idec Sport Asian Tour. Before that he will tackle the Mediterranean solo record in May or June 2019.
- HIVE ENERGY will be the title partner of the British solo racer Will Harris on the 2019 Figaro circuit.
- MALTA ALTUS CHALLENGE, represented by the Royal Malta Yacht Club, is the name of the new challenger for the 36th America Cup that was unveiled today Friday by Emirates Team New Zealand. More details will be available in the first quarter of 2019.
- NIVELT-MURATET announced the launch of the new NMD 34 with two versions available: RORC for RORC races and a similar format for Transquadra racing.
- The MINI-TRANSAT 2019 Notice of Race has been published, which is timed to coincide entry opening.
- The NORMANDY CHANNEL RACE 2019 Notice of Race has also been published (starting May 19).
- The Diam Series will be named the 2019 TOUR VOILE SERIES, a circuit of five preparatory events for the Tour Voile, including the Grand Prix de la Grande Motte, the Grand Prix de l’Atlantique, the Grand Prix Guyader, the Grand Prix de l’ Naval Academy and the Normandy Cup.
- The DIAM 24 OD class has been granted World Sailing status as an international class; a new race, Nastro Nosa (Tour of Italy), will be presented Sunday at the Nautic.
- TEAM FRANCE officially said they will not participate in the 36th America’s Cup, “as the project did not raise all the funding in the allotted time”.
- The MINI CLASS has launched a call for applications for the organization of editions 2021, 2023 and 2025 of the Mini-Transat, the files are due before June 30, 2019.
- EDMOND DE ROTHSCHILD: the bow of the starboard float of the Ultime of the Gitana Team, lost during the Route du Rhum, was found on a beach in Cornwall, SW England.
- YANN RIOU and ELOI STICHELBAUT have joined forces to launch polaRYSE, a new company producing photo and video content specialising in sailing, ocean racing and the world of the sea.
- The OFFSHORE ACADEMY has been recognised by the National GREAT Britain campaignfor its expertise in providing pathways to professional sailing.
[SALES & ACQUISITIONS]
- YVAN GRIBOVAL is selling at a very attractive price (€72.000) a structured carbon hull and carbon deck ready to be assembled, moulds and all the tooling required for the sistership to the 52.5-foot Café Joyeux winner of the Rhum Mono class in the Route du Rhum.
- GIANCARLO PEDOTE is looking for a 40-foot container, fitted out or not.