APPOINTMENTS AND DEPARTURES
- JEAN-YVES LE DÉROFF has retired, leaving the presidency of ENVSN (French National Sailing Institute), his successor will be known soon.
- TB PRESS now takes care of Justine Mettraux‘s press relations.
- BEFOIL are looking for a commercial exec for France and international cover a full time job based in Lorient (with travel requirements) needed as soon as possible.
- VIRTUAL REGATTA is recruiting a production manager for a permanent position to start from from July 1, based in Issy-les-Moulineaux.
- PLASTIMO is recruiting an export area officer; permanent position, based in Lorient with travel.
- ANAIS BLAU who is trained in the luxury international hotel industry and having worked five years with the French Rugby Federation organising events is looking for a new challenge in events and project management within competitive sailing sector
- MALO LE PERU currently a project manager at OC Sport is looking for a new challenge in ocean racing in sponsorship / partnership management / project management.
- GUNBOAT are looking for a method / production engineer intern for the production of the Gunboat 68 as well as its future projects an internship starting from September 1 at La Grande Motte.
- TT YACHT DESIGN & ENGINEERING is looking for an architect intern (Autocad, Rhino 3d ideally Solidworks or equivalent) and one designer intern (photoshop, 3D rendering, freehand drawings aplus), for 6 weeks from July 13.
ANNOUNCEMENTS & PARTNERSHIPS
- LA SOLITAIRE DU FIGARO 2020 has been officially confirmed by organisers OC Sport Pen Duick who also revealed that Saint-Nazaire will be the finish port for the last two stages.
- LISBON will be the finish city for the Globe40, a race around the world in Class40 which will start on June 27, 2021 from Tangier. Two prologue races are also planned, starting on June 12 from La Rochelle and Marseilles.
- JÖRG RIECHERS will now have a new Class40, designed with the architects Etienne Bertrand and Guillaume Dupond (ex VPLP), which will be built in South Africa at Cape Racing Yachts (who are project partners) and it will be finished at V1D2 in Caen.
- THE PORQUEROLLES YACHT-CLUB has unveiled its 2021 programme with the Porquerolle’s Race, the Porquerolle’s Cup and the Porquerolle’s Classic.
- THE PERSICO 69F CUP, contested on the new monohulls with foils which are being built at Perciso Marine, will include four Grands Prix, for its first edition running from July to November, the first is at Gargnano on Lake Garda from July 14 to 19.
- The complete programme of LES VOILES DE SAINT-TROPEZ (September 26-9 October) has been unveiled, with a second week dedicated to super yachts.
- WORLD SAILING announced that it has received financial support from the IOC which will allows the international federation to cope with the one-year postponement of the Tokyo Games.
- LASER is now available in the inshore Virtual Regatta.
- THE MULTIHULL TROPHY, which was to be held at the end of August at La Trinité-sur-Mer, has been canceled.
- THE NORMANDY CHANNEL RACE will run on the scheduled dates (starting on September 13) with around 25 Class40s expected for the two handed race.
- THE WASZP CLASS offers an eLearning Hub, which provides tutorials and online courses.
- THE DRHEAM-CUP will take the name for its third edition of Grand Prix de France for offshore racing. More than 80 boats are expected at the start from Cherbourg on July 19.
- Registrations for SPI OUEST-FRANCE DESTINATION MORBIHAN (24-27 September) are open until September 15.
- VINCENT LE BORGNE launched an investigation intended to evaluate the rate of usage and replacement of sails by regular sailors and assess the potential take up for eco-responsible sails.
- THE ASSOCIATION ROUTE SAINT-PIERRE ET MIQUELON has decided to organise the Pure Ocean Challenge, a sailing challenge between the ports of Saint-Pierre et Miquelon and Lorient, i.e. 2,150 nautical miles, for any racing yacht likely to cross the Atlantic Ocean (Class40, Multi50, Imoca, Ultims, big monohulls and multihulls…..).
Photo: Alexis Courcoux / Quéguiner