APPOINTMENTS AND DEPARTURES
- FRANÇOIS NAVEILHAN has joined OC Sport as sponsorship manager.
- CHARLES CAUDRELIER, NICOLAS LUNVEN, JACKSON BOUTTELL, WILLY ALTADILL (among others) will be part of the crew on the VO65 Racing for The Planet led by Yohann Richomme on the first edition of The Sailing Trophy which takes place on June 27-28 between Cascais and Sesimbra.
- BEFOIL are looking for a commercial exec for France and international cover a full time job based in Lorient (with travel requirements) needed as soon as possible.
- LORIMA are looking for a maintenance manager it is a permanent position based in Lorient.
- VIRTUAL REGATTA is recruiting a production manager for a permanent position to start from from July 1, based in Issy-les-Moulineaux.
- MARSAUDON COMPOSITES is looking for an hardware specialist post based in Lorient.
- ANAIS BLAU who is trained in the luxury international hotel industry and having worked five years with the French Rugby Federation organising events is looking for a new challenge in events and project management within competitive sailing sector
- MALO LE PERU currently a project manager at OC Sport is looking for a new challenge in ocean racing in sponsorship / partnership management / project management.
- BEFOIL are offering an engineering internship in the development of a foiled catamaran and a communication / marketing internship. These internships of 5-6 months start September and are based in Lorient.
- GUNBOAT are looking for a method / production engineer intern for the production of the Gunboat 68 as well as its future projects an internship starting from September 1 at La Grande Motte.
- TT YACHT DESIGN & ENGINEERING is looking for an architect intern (Autocad, Rhino 3d ideally Solidworks or equivalent) and one designer intern (photoshop, 3D rendering, freehand drawings aplus), for 6 weeks from July 13, ideally in Nice.
- LEYTON are offering an internship in sponsorship and sailing communication.
ANNOUNCEMENTS & PARTNERSHIPS
- THE SOLO MAÎTRE COQ sets off on Thursday from Les Sables d’Olonne, with 30 soloists at the start.
- THE GROUPAMA NEW CALEDONIA RACE will take place this year in virtual mode with a start on June 21 for this 654-mile race around New Caledonia.
- ULYSSE NARDIN is the official timekeeper of the Vendée-Arctique-Les Sables d’Olonne which starts on July 4th.
- THE SOCIÉTÉ DES ÉOLIENNES EN MER ILES D’YEU ET DE NOIRMOUTIER have renewed their partnership as an official supplier of renewable energy to the Vendée Globe.
- LA TRINITÉ-SUR-MER now has its group for the Mini-Transat 2021, alternately run by Vincent Keruzoré and Aymeric Belloir (winner of the Mini in 2013), with occasional help from Erwan Le Méné.
- THE RECORD SNSM, created in 2005 sees several skippers planning to tackle the 264 miles in the near future on the route between Saint-Nazaire and Saint-Malo (the record is held since 2006 by Yvan Bourgnon en Orma, 1:26:49 p.m.).
- THE 5 DAYS OF LÉMAN will take place this year, with a 28th edition from July 25 to August 1 which should be full as 37 duos have already registered.
- THE ROESTI SAILING TEAM, namely Valentin Gautier and Simon Koster accompanied by Justine Mettraux, on Banque du Léman will take on the record for round the British Isles which is held in Class40 by Phil Sharp (8 days 4h15’49 ” the time being achieved during racing in 2018). That same objective is on the cards for Crédit Mutuel for IAN LIPINSKI.
- OCEANIA HOTELS, strongly impacted by the Covid-19 crisis, has announced that it has had to give up their partnership with Benjamin Dutreux for the Vendée Globe. Consequently he is looking for one or more new title partners.
- J BOATS AND J COMPOSITES have entered into a partnership with Virtual Regatta integrate the J / 70 into their inshore games
- THE MATCH CUP MARSTRAND will take place from July 2 to 4 as a local event, notable entrants include Gothenberg residents New Zealanders Phil Robertson and Australian Kyle Langford as well as the Swede Johnnie Berntsson.
- THE MINI CLASS has launched a call for tenders for the hosting and organization of the last race of the season in odd years in the Atlantic, a Category B solo or double race, offers to be submitted before 25 September.
- FORWARD WIP launched Wip Inside, a combined integrated protection technology designed to absorb and spread impacts.
Photo: Carlo Borlenghi / America’s Cup