COVID-19: THE ANNOUNCEMENTS THIS WEEK
- The CNTL in Marseille announced they were cancelling the Corsica Med (4th-10th May, which included the Mini Med). They have scheduled the 2021 edition for sometime “around 1st May”. The Duo Max (17th-28th June) is also cancelled.
- The USHIP ARMEN RACE will not be taking place as planned (start on 21st May from La Trinité-sur-Mer), the start of the 2021 edition is now planned for 13th May.
- The MINI EN MAI will not be setting off as scheduled on 19th May from La Trinité-sur-Mer. They are looking at the possibility of organising it later in the year, while the MINI BARCELONA (4th June) has been cancelled.
- The ÉCOLE NAVALE GRAND PRIX (21st-23rd May) will not be taking place in 2020, while the 20th edition is now scheduled for 13th to 15th May 2021.
- The RORC announced that the Myth of Malham Race (23rd May) and De Guingand Bowl (6th June) have been cancelled. The East Coast Race (19th June) remains scheduled for the moment, while the IRC National Championship (26th-28th June) may be postponed until September (11th-13th).
- The 2020 TRANSMANCHE (start on 29th May) has been cancelled with the 2021 edition due to take place from 21st to 24th May.
- The SOCIÉTÉ DES RÉGATES DU HAVRE and the NORMANDY SAILING LEAGUE have announced they are postponing the races scheduled for May-June to October: the Normandy Cup will take place from 7th to 18th October while the Le Havre All Mer Cup, an event counting as part of the French elite Figaro 3 offshore racing championship, is planned for 8th to 17th October.
- The MARSTRAND 44 CUP (24th-28th June) will not be taking place. The Swedish organiser looks forward to seeing everyone in 2021. The inaugural event of the season in Portoroz (Slovenia), has been rescheduled (23rd-27th September) and will count as the RC44 world championship, replacing the leg planned for Sotogrande.
- 11TH HOUR RACING is looking for a communications director for the next edition of The Ocean Race; a full-time fixed term contract from June 2020 to August 2022. Candidates should apply before 15th May.
- OCEAN DATA SYSTEM is looking for a technician/installer/integrator and an all-round bilingual assistant to cope with its development; permanent contracts in Lorient with the posts open immediately.
- THE OCEAN RACE is recruiting a sustainability communications manager.
- MARSAUDON COMPOSITES is looking for an experienced research technician who enjoys sailing; permanent contract based in Lorient.
- ANTOINE LE GUEN-GEFFROY, an engineer who recently completed his three-year doctorate on the ageing and fatigue of carbon / epoxy composites at sea, is looking for a job as a composite materials/ structural mechanics engineer with an ocean racing team, boatyard or equipment manufacturer. Available to start immediately.
- JULIEN MOLINA, a chartered accountant is ready to work with skippers on the tax, contributions and accountancy aspects of the establishment of an ocean racing company with the aim of optimising their budget.
ANNOUNCEMENTS & PARTNERSHIPS
- TREMPLIN SUD, an organisation which was backing Robin Follin this year for his first season racing in the Figaro Bénéteau 3 circuit, has announced they are no longer able to fund his campaign because of the Covid-19 pandemic. The sailor from the Var still hopes to be able to compete in the Solitaire du Figaro.
- The MEDEMBLIK REGATTA, which was due to be held from 4th to 7th June has been cancelled, but will be organised as a virtual race aboard 49er and Nacra 17 boats via the Virtual Regatta inshore game.
Photo: François Van Malleghem / Transquadra Martinique