- PLASTIMO is looking for an export salesperson with a permanent job based in Lorient.
- MARSAUDON COMPOSITES is looking for an experienced research technician who enjoys sailing; permanent contract based in Lorient.
- CORENTIN OULHEN, who studied for a technical diploma and then a master’s in electronics specialising in onboard systems has just completed six months of training with Gitana Team. He is now looking for a job in the world of ocean racing.
- LAURE FAŸ (Vu Com’) is now available to work on maritime projects in terms of editorial content with special interest in the question of how to preserve the oceans and CSR matters.
- FRANÇOIS SÉRUZIER, the organiser of the Atlantic Back Cruising Rally, which has had to be cancelled, has put in place a personalised routing and weather service for boats returning to Europe.
ANNOUNCEMENTS & PARTNERSHIPS
- The SAEM VENDÉE and the IMOCA class reaffirmed on Tuesday that they were “doing their utmost” to ensure that the Vendée Globe starts on the scheduled date (8th November). Both parties announced that the registration deadline had been pushed back two months and is now on 1st September and that the Vendée-Arctique-Les Sables d’Olonne race will start on 4th July with a course taking them past Iceland and the Azores. This replaces the New York-Vendée transatlantic race.
- PALMA VELA, initially scheduled for 6th to 10th May will now be taking place from 22nd to 25th October.
- The GLOBE 40 has added an amendment to the Notice of Race postponing the dates for pre-registration and registration by two months and adding some details about the race course with two prologues setting sail from Europe on 12th June 2021 to Tangier, the start location for the round the world race and a few compulsory waypoints.
- THE OCEAN RACE will hold its second Ocean Race Summit on 27th May in the form of a virtual workshop live from The Hague.
- GITANA TEAM has announced that it was postponing by two months the launch of the Maxi Edmond de Rothschild, which will now take place in early June with Franck Cammas and Charles Caudrelier planning to take part in the Drheam Cup in July (if it takes place) before preparing for the Jules Verne Trophy.
- The TRESCO TROPHY, unable to take place this year, will be a virtual race, starting on Monday at 1900hrs. The same goes for the BENETEAU CUP, which will start on Wednesday 21st May at 1400hrs with a 500-mile virtual course around the Balearics aboard an Oceanis 40.1.
- The EUROPEAN RS:X CHAMPIONSHIP, which was due to take place this week, has been rescheduled for 22nd to 28th November, but still in Athens.
- The TRANSAT AG2R LA MONDIALE virtual race brought together 77,000 players. It was won by a Swede, Toppen, while among the professionals, the Italian Alberto Bona, who previously won the virtual Solo Maître CoQ and the Great Escape, was the winner.
- The 2020 BARCOLANA is still planned for 11th October, according to the organiser, who with the help of doctors and scientists in its board, is looking at several possible scenarios to ensure the event runs smoothly.
- WORLD SAILING has announced the cancellation of the 2020 Youth World Championship, which was due to take place from 12th to 19th December in Salvador da Bahia.
- NORBERT SEDLACEK, after several failed attempts, will set sail on 12th July from Les Sables d’Olonne on his Ant Arctic Lab project, for a 34,000 mile solo journey on Open60AAL, a 60-foot prototype launched in 2018.
- ERIC DEFERT and the DREKAN GROUP plan to take part in the 2021 Transat Jacques Vabre on the Multi50 which capsized in the 2017 race before being found in the Bahamas in February 2019. With this goal in mind, he is looking for partners to help him bring the trimaran home and repair and refit her.
- MEDEMBLIK will host the 2021 Finn World Masters (21-28 May).
- HUAWEI NZ has become partner of Emirates Team New Zealand.
- SAILGP and the United States SailGP Team have joined the All In Challenge to support COVID-19 relief. The winning bidder will be the first ever to ride on the American F50 during a grand prix event in 2021.
- The MIRPURI FOUNDATION, set to compete on the next edition of The Ocean Race with Yoann Richomme, has announced the launch of the Mirpuri Foundation Sailing Trophy, a race between Cascais and Sesimbra Portugal which will muster around 50 boats on June 27 and 28.
Photo: James Blake / Volvo AB