APPOINTMENTS AND DEPARTURES
- CHARLES-EDOUARD BROC has joined Challenge Sailcloth as European sales coordinator.
- THE ROYAL AKARANA YACHT CLUB announced this week its squad of 8 sailors for the next Youth America’s Cup.
- YANN ELIÈS will join the crew of Maxi Edmond de Rothschild alongside Franck Cammas, Charles Caudrelier, David Boileau, Morgan Lagravière and Yann Riou for the Drheam Cup.
- PLASTIMO is recruiting an export area officer and a commercial assistant. These are permanent positions based in Lorient, with travel required for the export job.
- MARSAUDON COMPOSITES is looking for an hardware specialist, post based in Lorient.
- GUNBOAT are looking for a method / production engineer intern for the production of the Gunboat 68 as well as its future projects an internship starting from September 1 at La Grande Motte.
- SIMON JESTIN, who is completing a 5-month internship at Pixel sur Mer, is looking for a IT development engineer role within sailing, especially offshore racing.
- GAËLLE BRANDIN, who is bilingual English and has 13 years of experience as a project and events manager, is looking for a new challenge in the sailing and offshore racing area, seeking project management, events work or in the support / logistics team of a racing team.
ANNOUNCEMENTS & PARTNERSHIPS
- THE 52 SUPER SERIES 2021 will start in Saint-Tropez (3-8 May), before continuing in Galicia (Baiona, 5-10 June), in Cascais for the Rolex TP52 World Championship (July 12-17), Puerto Portals (Mallorca, 23-28 August) and finishing in a place that is TBA (September 27-October 2).
- OMAN SAIL has been chosen to host the 2021 world championships of the Nacra 17 and 49er / 49er FX to be held in November on the Al site at Mussanah Sports City.
- CLASS40 has published the new programme for of its Europe Trophy which will include three events: the Round Ireland Race, the Normandy Channel Race and the Middle Sea Race.
- THE RORC L’ILE D’OUESSANT (USHANT) RACE, scheduled for August 16, has been cancelled according to the RORC who still have Race the Wight (round the Isle of Wight) on August 1st.
- ERIC INGOUF, who spent most of his career in boat development and manufacture within the Beneteau group (he was notably the driving force responsible for the Figaro program 3) died on Tuesday.
Photo: Yann Riou / polaRYSE / Gitana SA