- BEFOIL are looking for a commercial exec for France and international cover a full time job based in Lorient (with travel requirements) needed as soon as possible.
ANNOUNCEMENTS & PARTNERSHIPS
- THE SAEM VENDÉE board has approved November 8 as the start date for the Vendée Globe 2020, it “also acted on the decision to set up a departure village, which will be open on Saturday October 17 “.
- THE FFVOILE announced that the authorities have given their approval to the organization of the Solo Maître CoQ (June 24-28) and the Vendée-Arctiques-Les Sables d’Olonne (start on July 4, 22 skippers are registered, not Alex Thomson), it will be soon the same for the Drheam-Cup (which is set for 19 July, entries open until June 30).
- RORC has announced the cancellations of the Morgan Cup (July 8), La Trinité Cowes by Actual (July 12), Cowes-Dinard-St Malo (17 July), while the IRC National Championship is rescheduled now to be 11 to September 13.
- ADRIEN HARDY will finally race in the Solitaire du Figaro 2020 under the colors of Ocean Attitude, also registered is AYMERIC DECROOCQ.
- SAINT-NAZAIRE will welcome the finish of the third stage of La Solitaire as well as the start and finish of the fourth leg, a loop in the form of a sprint passing through the Isle of Yeu, Groix and Belle-Ile (info from L’Echo de la Presqu’île).
- THE DIAM 24 CLASS has communicated its new 2020 calendar including Spi Ouest-France (September 25-27) and the Normandy Cup (16-18 October), at the end of which the title of champion of France is revealed.
- THE OCEAN RACE has signed a partnership with the International Union for Conservation of Nature (IUCN).
- MERCI will be the name of Sébastien Destremau’s Imoca on the Vendée Globe 2020.
- SEVERAL IMOCA SKIPPERS will deploy drifting weather buoys allowing to collect data, in particular on currents, during the next Vendée-Arctique-Les Sables d’Olonne, an operation carried out in partnership with JCommops.
- OC SPORT signed the Sports for Climate Action Framework hosted by UN Climate Change.
- THE CAP MARTINIQUE, a new IRC race which will start on April 18, 2021 from La Trinité-sur-Mer to Fort-de-France, is already full. Sixty boats are now registered. A waiting list is open in case of cancellations.
- THE FINAL OF THE SAILING CHAMPIONS LEAGUE in Porto Cervo has been postponed to now take place from October 15 to 18.
- THE CONGRESSIONNAL CUP, which was rescheduled from October 15 to 18 has finally been canceled.
- THE MAIDEN FACTOR FOUNDATION launched a crowfunding operation to support The Maiden Voyage, its travelling campaign, on board the boat Maiden (with whom Tracy Edwards led a 100% female crew on the Whitbread 1989/1990), intended to promote access to education for Girls.
- WORLD SAILING has launched a section of its website dedicated to double handed offshore sailing, a discipline which will appear 2024 Paris Olympic program.
SALES & RENTALS
- A MINI 6.50 POGO 3 is for sale, available immediately and ready to sail can be viewed in Lorient. Detailed inventory, photos and prices are available by email.
Photo: Vincent Curutchet / DPPI / Vendée Globe