- YANN ELIÈS will be the co-skipper with MARTIN LE PAPE on the Transat AG2R La Mondiale (starting from the 19 April).
- MICO BOLO, the founder of the Transquadra, will be the race director for the new Transat Cap Martinique, which is due to start on the 18th April 2021, linking La Trinité-sur-Mer and Fort-de-France.
- KIMO WORTHINGTON, who has a storied background in the America’s Cup and Volvo Ocean Race has been recruited as general manager of the USA SailGP team.
- GUNBOAT is looking for a head of after-sales service for the backup and technical support of the Gunboat 68; permanent position based in La Grande Motte (France).
- ROM ARRANGÉ are looking for an administrative and comms allrounder, a full time contracted post in Lorient.
- A.S.O. are looking for a partnerships manager for the Tour Voile ; a fixed contract post for 6 months based in Boulogne-Billancourt, starting from the beginning of March.
- VIRTUAL REGATTA are seeking a community manager-journalist to interact and manage the online community. The post is full time based in Issy-les-Moulineaux.
- MARIE TABARLY is looking for a project manager for Pen-Duick VI and the start up Elemen’Terre, the post is full time permanent and based in Lorient ou Concarneau.
- QUENTIN CORTIER, a 23 years old student of Naval Architecture with specialisations from the ENSTA Bretagne and diplomas in mechanical and industrial engineering is looking for a placement with a naval architecture practice or numerical modelling office from April to September 2020.
- GUNBOAT are looking for production interns working method 5 S to complete a stage of 6 months with the possibility to progress on, the stage is based in La Grande Motte.
- MARIE TABARLY offers two stages, one in communication around the project Elemen’Terre (4-6 months based in Concarneau), the other in filming editing video/production of social media content (2-6 months based also in Concarneau).
- BEFOIL offer a placement in communication for two months and a media internship for the production of photo and video content for 2 to 4 months, the stages are based in Lorient start at the beginning March.
- ANTONIO ARANHA, who is a third year naval architecture student at the University of Southampton is looking for a summer placement from 14 June to 25 September in the field of design or boatbuilding in Europe or Brasil.
- RS SAILING FRANCE will offer a series of coaching sessions in the RS 500, RS Aero and RS 200 during four key events this season.
- WILFRIED LEBRETON, who is a composite technician is looking for refit and offshore race preparation work preferably on a salaried basis.
- JULIA RAYMOND, who has 14 years of motorsport projects experience is looking for a post in team coordination and logistics. She is based in Lorient and available immediately.
[ANNOUNCEMENTS & PARTNERSHIPS]
- PODCAST. The 13th episode of the INTO THE WIND, the Tip & Shaft podcast welcomes PASCAL BIDÉGORRY. As with all the podcasts it is available on all the main platforms iTunes, Deezer, Spotify, SoundClound, Google Podcasts… also on the site for Tip & Shaft.
- TIP & SHAFT/CONNECT NANTES 2020, the 7th edition of the business event of competitive sailing, will take place on Tuesday, March 17, 2020 at the CCI in Nantes (France). You can now book your pass.
- WORLD SAILING have received 12 responses, to their request to interested parties looking to build and supply the boat for the Olympic offshore at the Paris 2024 Olympics. The international federation will publish the list of boats that can be used for qualification trials at the end of the year.
- THE CHINA SEA RACE 2020 has been cancelled due to the coronavirus epidemic which has affected Chine.
- ALAN ROURA, who plans to compete in his second Vendée Globe at the end of this year will compete in the 17th edition of the Solo Maître CoQ, which has drawn 30 solo skippers and runs 13-22 March.
- EMMI, a Swiss dairy products company has announced their collaboration with the the La Fabrique Sailing Team of Alan Roura ahead of the Vendée Globe 2020.
- THOMAS COVILLE has said that after The Transat CIC in May he will challenge the Trophée Jules Verne record at the end of the year on Sodebo Ultim 3, after updates to the daggerboards, new main hull rudder and a rear beam fairing
- THE TRANSMANCHE, run up until now two up, will this year (29-31 May) courue jusqu’ici en double, s’ouvrira cette année (29-31 mai) to crews and plan to run a separate student division.
- BMW OF NORTH AMERICA has signed up as an official partner to the American Magic Challenge.
- NORTH SAILS, QUANTUM SAILS, LONGITUD CERO AND KING MARINE have renewed their partnerships with the 52 Super Series for the 2020 season.
- THE FFVOILE announced the qualification of a ninth class for the Tokyo Olympics, that being the 49er FX. The third quota allocated to Oceania has not been used so it is passed to France, the best nation at the 2019 Worlds which had not yet qualified.
- DUNKIRK will host a stage of the Solitaire du Figaro for the first time, finish of the second leg which will probably start from the Bay of Saint-Brieuc, and then also the start of the third stage
Photo: La Solitaire du Figaro
We send our news by email every Friday before they appear online. Subscribe here, if not done yet 😉
[dt_default_button link=”https://www.tipandshaft.com/en/subscribe” button_alignment=”default” animation=”fadeIn” size=”medium” default_btn_bg_color=”#ffb200″ bg_hover_color=”#0A0A0A” text_color=”#0A0A0A” text_hover_color=”#ffb200″ icon=”fa fa-chevron-circle-right” icon_align=”center”]SUBSCRIBE FOR FREE[/dt_default_button]