On the market: sail racing moves
Departures and nominations, jobs, trainings, service offers, announcements and partnerships, launches… all you have to know about Sailing Market.
[DEPARTURES & NOMINATIONS]
- JEAN-SÉBASTIEN CHÉNIER PROTEAU will take up the post of executive director for Spindrift racing from mid-October. He will replace Léo Lucet, who has accepted a bigger role in private banking in Switzerland for Dona Bertarelli and Yann Guichard.
- ANTOINE CARPENTIER will be Gilles Lamiré’s co-skipper on the Multi50 Groupe GCA-Mille et un sourires in the Transat Jacques Vabre.
- SAILGP was awarded a trophy at the IBC Innovation Awards in Amsterdam rewarding its ambitious and ground-breaking remote production strategy.
- LUCY MCGREGOR, four times world match-racing champion was awarded YJA MS Amlin Yachtsman of the Year 2019 by the Yachting Journalists Association.
- FABIEN DELAHAYE will replace Arthur Le Vaillant, the usual skipper aboard the Class 40 Leyton alongside Sam Goodchild in the Transat Jacques Vabre, as he has not yet recovered from ankle surgery.
- MALCOM PAGE will leave his position as US Sailing’s Chief of Olympic Sailing on October 19th.
- LALOU MULTI is hiring machine operators and laminators from October 2019 to work on the construction of the new Multi50 Arkema. More details are available by contacting them.
- MERCONCEPT is looking for an accountant with at least two years experience to develop its business; a full-time, permanent job based in Port-la-Forêt. They are looking for someone who can start work very quickly.
- GIANCARLO PEDOTE is looking for a boat captain for his Imoca Prysmian Group; job based in Lorient after the 2019 Transat Jacques Vabre.
- OUTREMER YACHTING is looking for an engineer for its industrial research team. A 12-month contract based in La Grande Motte, which is available immediately.
- OCEAN DATA SYSTEM is looking for an onboard electronics engineer (software/hardware) and a technician to fit and set up equipment to cope with its development; permanent jobs based in Lorient available immediately.
[SERVICES ON OFFER]
[ANNOUNCEMENTS & PARTNERSHIPS]
- THE NORMANDY REGION, which already offered support to the race, has become a major partner of the Transat Jacques Vabre, in which 60 duos will compete this year (27 in Class40, 3 in Multi 50 and 30 in Imoca).
- SELECTOUR has signed up alongside Erik Nigon and his co-skipper Tolga Pamir as headline partner for their IMOCA in the Transat Jacques Vabre.
- PHIL SHARP presented OceansLab, a 4-year IMOCA project on Friday at the Grand Pavois. He is currently looking for partners (Edilians Group has signed up as development partner), for a boat to be built in 2020 equipped with very modern foils and which innovates in terms of clean energy.
- The HLD GROUP through its investment fund HLD for the Mediterranean, has joined Romain Pilliard’s Use it Again project in which he plans to line up at the start of The Transat in 2020 on Ellen MacArthur’s former Castorama.
- CABO VERDE will for the first time in the history of the race host a leg of The Ocean Race 2021-2022, with the boats mooring up in Mindelo on the island of Sao Vicente.
- GAC PINDAR has signed up as partner to The Race Around, the Class40 race around the world, the first edition of which is scheduled for 2023 (see our article). The organiser has also announced 500,000 € of prize money and registration fees of 5000 €.
- ARGO GROUP has returned as headline partner to the Gold Cup, the famous match racing event in Bermuda, which in 2020 will rejoin (11-16th May) the World Match Racing Tour calendar.
- The Notice of Race for the GLOBE 40, the Class40 race around the world (2021-2022), will be published on 10th October.
- LEYTON has joined the duo formed by Henry Bomby/Hannah Diamond. They will be defending Britain in the first European mixed doubles ocean racing championship in Venice in early October.
- Candidates for the MIRABAUD SAILING VIDEO AWARD which is due to be announced at the next Yacht Racing Forum in Bilbao (25-26 November), have until October 23 to send their videos.