- VICTOR MATHEVET is the new director of the Tour Voile, succeeding JEAN-BAPTISTE DURIER, who has become the director of Corporate and Social Responsibility at ASO.
- MANUEL LARIO won the Mirabaud Sailing Video Award 2019 for his video Feel Traditional Sailing celebrating classic yachting, he was first ahead ofYann Riou who was second with his film about the preparations for the Gitana Team ahead of the Brest Atlantiques. The public vote prize went to the Spaniard José Cigarrán for his video about the SailGP circuit.
- The FFVOILE has announced the list of nominations for the title of French Sailor of the Year 2019 among them Camille Lecointre/Aloise Retornaz, Delphine Cousin, Damien Seguin, Nicolas Parlier, Axel Mazella, Charlie Dalin/Yann Eliès, Pierre Mortefon, and the future winners of the Brest Atlantiques. People have until the 5th December to vote on line ahead of the awards ceremony on 7th December.
- DIDIER VISBECQ has become the new président of the Société Nautique de La Trinité-sur-Mer. He succeeds Antoine Croyère who did not stand again.
- CATHERINE POURRE and PIETRO LUCIANI (Eärendil) won the Class 40 Championship 2019 ; they finished ahead of Aïna Enfance et Avenir (Aymeric Chappellier) and Colombre XL (Charles Louis Mourruau et Estelle Greck)
- CAPONNETTO HUEBER (Hydrodynamics, CFD & Design) is opening 3 new positions : 1 senior Marine CFD analyst and developer / Marine Engineer with at least 6 years of experience in the Maritime world ; 1 Naval Architect specialized in Hydrodynamics / Project Manager with at least 4 years of experience in the Maritime world ; 1 Mathematician, Data scientist and Programmer, with a minimum of 4 years of experience in his field and preferably passionate about boats.
- THE MACIF FIGARO TEAM is looking for a technical assistant for the whole of the 2020 season. They would prefer someone with experience. Both boats are based in Port-La Forêt (France). Travel required during races. The job starts on 6th January.
- MULTIPLAST is looking for an all round craftsman to work on prototypes (man or woman) fixed term contract based in Vannes (France) and a composite supply manager (man/woman) fluent in English with a permanent contract based in Lausanne (Switzerland).
- LE PÔLE FINISTÈRE COURSE AU LARGE is looking to recruit a technical préparateur for the Figaro 3, experience is requited, the position is a fixed term contract starting from 6th January 2020 for a duration of about 130 days based at Port-La-Forêt (France), with some travel.
- GIANCARLO PEDOTE is looking for a multiskilled all round preparateur to support his Imoca Prymian Group. Self reliant and motivated he/she needs composite experience and an attention to detail. The post is based in Lorient (France) after the Transat Jacques Vabre 2019.
- PLASTIMO is looking for a communications officer and a digital communications manager and a deputy to the administrative and financial manager; all contracted posts are based in Lorient (France).
- GUNBOAT is looking for its After-Sales Service Manager for the follow-up and technical support of the Gunboat 68; permanent position based at La Grande Motte (France).
- SPINDRIFT RACING is looking for an electronics expert to look after and fine tune the installations aboard Spindrift 2, and to manage the team’s equipment. Full time job based in La Trinité-sur-Mer.
- DÉCISION have two posts on offer: one for a composites prototyping technician, the other for an engineering technician in composites design and specification ; the first post is Fixed Term but can become long term contract the second is on a rolling contract, both based in Lucerne, Switzerland.
- AVEL ROBOTICS is offering a training course in business management in close contact with the head. They are looking for someone in their final year at business school for at least 4 months of work from January in Lorient (France).
- AMAURY SPORT ORGANISATION offer two internships within the organisation of the Tour Voile 2020 for a period of 6 months starting from January and based in Boulogne-Billancourt including travelling with the event in July.
[ANNOUNCEMENTS & PARTNERSHIPS]
- MINI-TRANSAT ‘HOW TO’:Tip & Shaft are planning a how to “How to prepa a Good Mini-Transat” in Paris on Sunday 8th December (during the first weekend of the Paris Nautic). It will be presented by the past President of the Classe Mini Lucas Montagne.
- WIND the first festival of competitive sailing films co-organised by Tip & Shaft et Poppop, will run on Tuesday 4 February at 9h30 at the Grand Rex in Paris. On the programme are unpublished and exclusive films featuring some of the greatest current sailors on the screen and in the room, live in person. Info and reservations on wind-festival.com.
- PODCAST. The 11th episode of the INTO THE WIND, the Tip & Shaft podcast welcomes MICHEL DESJOYEAUX. Tip & Shaft has passed 150 000 downloads. As with all the podcasts it is available on all the main platforms iTunes, Deezer, Spotify, SoundClound, Google Podcasts… also on the site for Tip & Shaft.
- THE OCEAN GLOBAL RACE 2023, launched by Don McIntyre, is open to Maxis of more than 71 feet which have raced the Whitbread, as well as the W60 from 1985 to 1997, which will compete in the “Classic Challenge“, which will bring the number of possible entries up to 34.
- ADVENS, who already backed Thomas Ruyant on the Transat Jacques Vabre, will support the sailor from the North of France as principal partner for the 2020 season and the Vendée Globe.
- BEN AINSLIE and INEOS TEAM UK combine in 2020 to form the Great Britain SailGP Team, which will retain several members of the 2019 team. The quadruple Olympic champion will have the backing of a new sponsor AFEX.
- LE GRAND PAVOIS show of La Rochelle will be opened now from Tuesday to Sunday instead of Wednesday to Sunday, next running in 2020 from 29 September to 4 October
- PORTSMOUTH will welcome the Yacht Racing Forum 2020 between the 23 and 24 November
- CAPE TOWN will welcome a stopover on the 2021-2022 edition of The Ocean Race. it will be the 12th time the race around thw world stops in the South African city.
- CAP-MARTINIQUE is now the official name of the Transat IRC, which was announced in Tip & Shaft in July by Jean-Philippe Cau, the président of the UNCL. It will start on the 18th April 2021 from La Trinité-sur-Mer heading to Fort-de-France. Entries open on 15 December.
- THE CONGRESSIONAL CUP reintegrated on to the 2020 World Match Racing Tour, becomes the first stage (29 April to-3 May off Long Beach).
Photo: Pierre Bouras / TR Racing